COLOMBIA – SAFEGUARD AND PSEAH SPECIALIST MANAGER (M/F) – ALL BASES
Desired start date: as quickly as possible Duration of the mission : 3 months Location: all bases
ABOUT THE MISSION
In Venezuela, people face hyperinflation, difficulty in finding basic necessities, lack of medicines and access to medical services in addition to an increase in the crime rate. Many Colombians, formerly settled in Venezuela, have decided to return home, while many Venezuelans have chosen to migrate to major cities in Colombia or transit through them on their journey to other countries in the region. They walk along the roads, often without means or possessions. One of the main routes for those traveling to Bogotá or Medellín is through Bucaramanga. Walkers called the Caminantes take this route daily.
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL (SI) has been operational in Colombia since October 2019. The mission is currently working on strengthening WASH, Shelter, NFI, humanitarian transport in shelters (refugios) and points of attention along the roads between Cucuta and Bucaramanga and in Arauca and Casanare (Yopal). Venezuelans walk along this route aiming to reach one of Colombia’s main cities or a third country. They are very vulnerable at this stage and SI responds, together with PUI and LWF, for access to basic services along the road.
The Colombian mission is currently limited in size with two operating bases in Bucaramanga and Yopal and a sub-base in Pamplona. The Colombian mission is currently limited in size with two operating bases in Bucaramanga and Yopal and a sub-base in Pamplona. The base has grown to over 109 national teams and 13 international teams.
ABOUT THE JOB
Under the direct supervision of the CD, the Backup and PSEAH Specialist will:
- Effectively analyze the risks related to the protection of vulnerable people and more particularly to PEAHS in all the points of attention taken care of. Ensure that these risks can be monitored on a daily basis on the mission.
- Support IS teams in the implementation of effective mitigation measures against protection risks and more specifically sexual abuse, harassment or exploitation in all points of attention supported.
- Train and build the capacity of IS teams and all stakeholders of IS activities in Colombia on SEAH, fraud and the IS code of ethics and conduct
- Establish PSEAH focal points in all IS offices
- Be the focal point of the mission for the handling of sensitive complaints and will be designated as the investigator on sensitive complaints according to CD’s mandate.
- Strengthen local survivor referral systems
- Develop material to raise awareness of key messages for beneficiary communities on the Code of Ethics and Conduct of Solidarités International and the PSEAH policy
- Recruit and train a local employee dedicated to backup and PSEAH within the IS activities.
Advanced degree in social work, international human rights, humanitarian and development project management or other relevant field of study preferred
- At least 1 year of international experience managing project(s) dealing with protection prevention and response
- Experience in building the capacity of teams and representation
- A first experience with SI is a plus
- A first experience in the field of intervention is a plus
Technical skills and competence:
- Good knowledge of standards and guidelines for protection and CP programming and coordination as well as guidance on SEAH and fraud prevention
- Working knowledge of different approaches to protection work (mainstreaming and mainstreaming)
- Familiarity with international humanitarian operations, coordination structures and mandates of donors, UN agencies and other NGOs
- Knowledge of project management and PCM
- Knowledge of protection data information management
- Skills training and capacity building
- ms office
- Ability to adapt to strong security constraints.
- Diplomacy and assertiveness; the ability to confront and discuss sensitive issues with respect
- Strong coordination skills with a proven ability to work across multiple technical areas simultaneously, supporting and coaching multiple staff members
- Deep cross-cultural awareness
- Ability to work independently and strong sense of initiative;
- Good resistance to stress and pressure;
- Good sense of organization;
Language: Good written and spoken Spanish
IF YOU PROPOSE
A salaried position:
According to experience, from 1800euros gross per month (+ 10% monthly paid leave allowance) and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD
SI also covers accommodation costs and travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the duty station.
Holidays: During the mission, a system of alternating between work and rest is set up at the rate of 7 working days every three months. For a one-year mission, the expatriate will benefit from a break of 7 working days at 3, 6 and 9 months (with 850 USD allocated by Solidarités).
To these break periods must be added the granting of an additional day off per month worked, i.e. 12 days more for a one-year contract**.**
Social and medical coverage: Expatriates benefit from a set of insurances reimbursing all health expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a social protection system including war risks. The essential costs of vaccination and antimalarial treatment are reimbursed.
The security context is stable in this part of Colombia. Apart from the usual criminal risks (existing in the country in general), the social context is tense with some local communities feeling pressured by the arrival of Venezuelans and those who help them. This balance and this necessary dialogue are a key to understanding the dynamics of the context and adapting the response to the needs of Venezuelans but also to the perceptions and vulnerabilities of local communities. The living environment in Bogota is good even if crime is increasing. Since the programs are multisectoral and implemented with several partners (PUI – Health, LWF – protection and local organisations), coordination is essential.
In the other countries of intervention where the coordinator will be deployed, crime is to be taken very seriously and higher restrictions in terms of movement, accommodation and prohibited areas are in place.
SI is also very strong in terms of external coordination and is co-lead for the coordination of the humanitarian response on the road through the Caminantes Working Group and is at the forefront of negotiations with local, departmental and national authorities in the area of intervention.
How to register
Does this description match you? Please send us your CV and cover letter in English via the following link: https://emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/syndicated/private/syd_apply.cfm?id=PULFK026203F3VBQB6G8N8NX4&nPostingTargetID=72989
CV-only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may end before the deadline. thank you for your understanding
For more information on Solidarités International, please visit our website: http://www.solidarites.org/fr/